Role of the Performer

 


Frank Sinatra


Fly Me To The Moon

Written by Bart Howard in 1954, sung by Frank Sinatra in 1964, Amercia. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcqHA7dbwM


My Way 

Originally written In 1967 by Jacques Revaux, Paul Anka rewrote it in 1969, sung by Frank Sinatra. France, America. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzdAsjWGPg


Frank Sinatra was born in 1915 in New Jersey. His father was a tavern owner and his mother was an influence in local politics. As a teenager, Frank was inspired by Bing Crosby to choose popular singing as a vocation. He joined a local singing group in 1935. By 1942, Franks fame grew tremendously and he yearned to be a solo singer. His solo recording career began in 1944 with Columbia Records. Frank was also an actor throughout the 1940s. He went on to become one of the top film stars of the 1950s and ’60s. In 1960, he founded Reprise Records and was recording music at an astonishing pace, releasing 14 albums of new material during the years 1961–63. He had his last public performance in 1995 and passed away in 1998. 

The two songs I chose are two of my favorites by Frank Sinatra. His voice is just so smooth and his songs have an effortless harmony. The way he is able to change his pitch throughout his songs is something to be admired. I love listening to his songs when I need to relax, am having trouble falling alseep or even just studying. His music has always been some of my favorite, even though I don't listen to it as much anymore, everytime I do, I remember why its some of my favorite music. 


Sources

Biography.com Editors. “Frank Sinatra - Death, Songs & Life.” Frank Sinatra Biography, 2 Apr. 2014, www.biography.com/musicians/frank-sinatra

“Frank Sinatra.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, inc., 1 Apr. 2024, www.britannica.com/biography/Frank-Sinatra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musical Analysis 2

Introduction Blog

Music and the Fictive Dream