Musical Analysis 2

 I chose to do the song "I Remember Everything" by Zach Bryan and Kacey Musgraves


This is currently one of my favorite songs. One of my favorite things about this song is the melody. Their voices are so lovely by themselves and when they sing together, I feel like it just resonates and is so harmonious. Their voices pair so well together. The song is written in the C Major key.  The rhythm of this song flows so smoothly and effortlessly, that it makes it a breeze to learn and understand the lyrics. Some of the lyrics in this song I feel like just speak more than others. I think a good example of this is when Zach says "Do I remind you of your daddy in his '88 Ford? Labrador hangin' out the passenger door". I can easily visualize this part of the song, much easier than other versus in the song. I have listened to Zach Bryan for a long time, and this song is honestly a lot different than other songs that he has written and sung. It's more of a somber-toned song, and as he's had somber-toned songs before, I feel like this one is just on a different level. 

Comments

  1. Hey Mercedes! I just recently listened to this whole song and by that I mean more than the snippet I've heard on tiktok. I really do think the lyrics are a lot deeper than they come off as and the song really makes it relatable when youre singing along. One thing I do agree with the tiktok masses about is when he says "Pictures in passing time, you only smile like that when youre drinking" and I think it works but it also feels incomplete. Great song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mercedes, I also love this song and just Zach Bryan as an artist. This song, like you said, is very easy to read the story in the lyrics. The voices as well harmonize perfectly together and, yes, alone too. This is a great song choice; I love how most of his songs are an easy and steady melodies, and don't go super high and then super low in voice pitch and that it stays steady throughout the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mercedes! I haven't heard this song before but when I first did I instantly connected with it. I like the slow and steady beat of the song as well as the pitches of his voice going low and higher. I sure wasn't expecting the lady to sing but I love that part about this song. I am adding this to my playlists! Good find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Music and the Fictive Dream